HMD Global has launched its new smartphone on May 21 at an event held in Beijing, dubbed as the Nokia X6. The smartphone will go on sale in China for $204.
This is the first smarpthone from HMD Global to sport a display notch.It also comes with a dual rear camera setup with AI and HDR features. HMD Global made the announcement on the official Nokia mobile China Weibo account that the Nokia X6 was out of stock in just 10 seconds.
News of a Nokia X6 global variant is also doing the rounds, and we may just see the smartphone on the shelves in other international markets.
The dual-SIM (Nano) Nokia X6 runs Android 8.1 Oreo and sports a 5.8-inch full-HD+ (1080×2280 pixels) display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3 for protection. It is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 636 SoC, coupled with either 4GB or 6GB of RAM.
The Nokia X6 bears a dual rear camera setup with a primary 16-megapixel sensor and a secondary 5-megapixel monochrome sensor, sporting an f/2.0 aperture and 1-micron pixels. On the front, it offers a 16-megapixel camera with the same f/2.0 aperture and 1-micron pixel sensor. The company is touting the presence of AI features for improved photography (with features such as optimised colour contrast, depth of field and portrait lighting effects, as well face recognition), as well as HDR support. It also offers the Bothie feature, letting users utlise both front and rear cameras simultaneously. It also supports Face Unlock. It features 32GB of 64GB of inbuilt storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB).
Nokia X6 Smartphone Full Specification
- Device Type – Android 4G Smartphone
- CPU – Octa-core 4×1.8GHz Kryo 260 + 4×1.6GHz Kryo 260
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 636, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 509
- Camera – 16 Megapixel + 5 Megapixel with AF and Dual LED Flash | 16 Megapixel Front Camera
- Memory – RAM- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4, 1333MHz | ROM 32GB/64GB External TF Card Up to 256GB (Uses SIM 2)
- Display – Screen size 5.8 inches IPS, LCD, FHD+ Display (2280 x 1080 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable 3,060mAh Lithium-Polymer
- SIM – Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM/microSD Card), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint scanner, Hall
- Color – Black, White, Blue
- Operating System – Android 8.1 Oreo OS
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot or microSD/TF Card Slot, Type-C USB Port, 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions -71.0 mm x 147.2 mm x 8.0 mm
- Weight – 151 Grams (with Battery)
- Version – Two (4GB/32GB, 6GB/64GB)
- More Feature – Aluminium Alloy and Glass Body, LTE Cat-4, A-GPS, GLONASS, FHD+ Display, Oreo OS, NFC Support, Fingerprint Sensor, Dual Rear Camera, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Fast Charging Technology, 5V/2A Charger Output Power, IP52 Dust and Water Certification, e-MMC 5.1 storage.
- NOKIA X6 Price in Nepal : Rs. (Awaiting Launch)