Vivo V9 launched in Nepal
The Apple iPhone X is a great smartphone, and perhaps the best among the current flagships since it sports a number of innovations all working seamlessly. So of course, it comes as no surprise that Chinese smartphone companies quickly decided to come up with a bevy of iPhone X clones. Vivo V9, a new mid-range flagship phone at a price of Rs 37,790, rips off the most frustrating thing of the iPhone X, the notch.
Despite its obvious iPhone X-style design, the Vivo V9 smartphone does impress on many fronts. It’s also considerably cheaper than the Apple iPhone X. Will the Vivo V9 be your next smartphone?
Vivo V9 Smartphone Full Specification
- Device Name – Vivo V9
- CPU – Octa-Core 2.2 GHz ARM Cortex-A53
- Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 MSM8953 Pro, 64-bit Processor
- GPU – Qualcomm Adreno 506
- Camera – 16MP + 5MP f/2.0 with LED Flash and AF Dual Rear Camera | 24 Megapixel Front camera
- Memory – RAM- 4GB LPDDR4, 933MHz | ROM 64GB, External Memory Support Up to 128GB
- Display – Screen size 6.3-inches LCD IPS Display FHD+ (1080 x 2280 Pixels)
- Battery – Non-Removable 3,260mAh Lithium-ion
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM), Dual Standby
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Fingerprint ID (Rear Mounted)
- Color – Gold, Black
- Operating System – Funtouch OS 4.0 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, 1 x Nano SIM Card Slot, microSD/TF Card Slot, micro USB 2.0 Port, 3.5mm Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions – 154.81 mm x 75.03 mm x 7.89 mm
- Weight – 150 Grams (With Battery)
- Versions – Single 4GB RAM/64GB ROM
- More Feature – Aluminium Alloy Body Design, LTE Cat 6 300 Mbps Download, LTE Cat 6 50 Mbps Upload, HSPA+, LED Notifications, Infrared, Computer Sync, OTA Sync, Tethering, OTG Support, FM Radio, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Bezel-Less Display, Fingerprint Sensor, LED Notifications, Fast Charging Technology, Smart Antenna Design, Noise Cancellation.
The design of the Vivo V9 may resemble the iPhone X, but the similarities end once the phone is in your hands. Yes, it has a notch on the top of the bezel-less screen and features a vertically stacked dual camera module on the back. But, both the phones are miles apart in terms of build-quality. Unlike the iPhone X’s glass-and-steel body, Vivo V9 is made out of a plastic shell with a metallic finish.
On the front is a 19:9 display with smaller bezels. Instead of an 18:9 aspect ratio as we have recently seen on the Galaxy S9 and OnePlus 5T, the display dominates the front, and even comes complete with an iPhone X-like notch above the screen. Vivo says the screen-to-body ratio is about 90 per cent.
Surprisingly, Vivo V9 comes with a micro-USB port at the bottom and not a USB Type-C port. On the audio front, there’s a single, bottom-firing speaker that sounds really good.
The phone also features a fingerprint scanner on the back that felt fast and accurate.
The display is a 6.3-inch IPS screen and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. It offers a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels.
Like many smartphones, Vivo has added a facial recognition feature that uses the phone’s front camera to unlock the device.
Running Android 8.1 Oreo, Vivo V9 ships with the company’s own FunTouch 4.1 UI on top. The UI is not compelling enough; icons and settings are almost a copy of iOS. Plus, there are a bunch of unnecessary apps preloaded on the device. To take advantage of the taller screen, Vivo has added a gesture-based navigation, similar to what we’ve seen on the iPhone X. This swipe-based gesture navigation works without any delay or lag. But not many apps are optimised for a 19:9 aspect ratio display and narrow screen with the notch.
Unfortunately, the phone doesn’t offer a fast charging mechanism, unlike the Moto X4 or Honor 8 Pro. Vivo V9 competes with the Oppo F7, Moto X4, and Honor 8 Pro.